Freddy Beach Sept 23, 2017

Click on this beauty for more.

      It's hard to believe that the end on September is giving us blue skies in the high 20s. What better than to have a car show?!   Freddy's best hot rods, antiques, customs with a few oddballs mixed in, showed up at the exhibition grounds on Saturday to air out before the fall, and show off a bit.  Several FABACians visited to drool over the cars with 2CV Bob being the only one to display his car.  Kelvin and I had met up earlier and over the next while crossed paths with Stephen W. and Terry & Karen.
      I was able to reacquaint myself with Andy MacNeil, formerly of World Class Auto, now at his own Garage in Taymouth, Macneilsautohous.com (his website).  He knows old cars and offers a full service.  
      I also (finally!) met the famous Jerry Wilcox.  I'd followed a nice Jaguar XJS into the lot (drooling—me, not the car) and as we chatted I realized I'd heard these same stories from Joe.  It seems he's willing to part with the XJS for something under 10 Gs.   If I only had a bigger garage.
      While hanging around in a hot parking lot all day isn't exactly thrilling, I feel that this is a good opportunity to advertise the club and will lobby for a bigger showing next year.
- Bob E (Counting his pennies and measuring garage space.)

No comments: