Ralph H. sent a great "Name that car", with a difference.

Here's Ralph's email:

Hello David
     So winter rears it ugly cold head again and drops a dusting of snow on us and I am unable to start the new siding on the B&B .  So what is a guy to do but visit the FABAC site and see what's new.  And of course this brings up a new challenge.
     I have enclosed photos of three cars—on the surface all quite different but in reality all have one common heritage.  Can you name the cars and name the common thread that ties them all together?  The common factor is closer to the hearts of true FABAC drivers than you might think.  I will give two hints: one is a Delorean and one is not a Lotus Seven.  Other than that there are a few clues in the photos.  Good luck!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ralph:
The first is a Costin, made in Ireland, the same as the DeLorean. Not too many of them built! The third one has me scratching my head but I'm guessing that whatever it is (other than ugly), it was built in Ireland.
Phil
ps The Panoz evolved from the Costin after Panoz bought the Costin rights and tooling in the late 80's if I remember right.

Anonymous said...

One more go.......had some time this morning for some research (read Google - cars manufactured in Ireland) :~)
The third car has to be a Shamrock, built in the fifties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamrock_%28car%29
I tried to find a photo of a Costin that I took at Virginia International Raceway two years ago but came up empty. Lots of other older exotics there too; including a Scarab, Marcos, Chev v8 Lister, Ford GT40 and two vintage Morgan 3 wheelers.
Phil

Ralh H said...

Gosh Darn I thought I had a stumpper with this one but you are spot on. Came in the spirit of St Paddys day T'be Sure Here is a link to the full story for thise interested

http://www.gmotors.ie/blog/history-of-the-irish-auto-industry/

Ralph