Bob's report on the November Meeting

    A small but enthusiastic (and hungry) crowd gathered at Ringo's eatery for our November meeting.    
     Gary took the floor and quickly thanked folks for the last runs of the season. 
     Ellie-n-Jim had done a great job of arranging the Octoberfest event near Sussex in conjunction with the Moncton club.  The required by law rain had done nothing to dampen the event.
     The recent Sandra & Larry Show was also acknowledged.  We were much relieved to hear that Larry's fingers have healed after he set them on fire.
     The much anticipated  seasonal festive event formerly known as Christmas,...party will happen on the 16th of December (a Wednesday) at McGinnis Landing.  Margo and David will be accepting donations for the Fredericton Hospice fund and folks are reminded that donations over ten bucks get a receipt for tax purposes.  Ensure your donation is in a named envelope.   There WILL be Yankee swap this year.  Gifts are limited to ten or fifteen bucks.
***confirm your attendance by the end of the week***  You can leave a reply here or email Gary directly.  Barb requests that people refrain from throwing bricks through their front window with notes attached.  It was funny the first time but is now getting tiring and expensive.
    Because of the presence of numerous civilians, John's quiz was delayed until next gathering.
    The conversation was lively (as always) and I found a common thread while chatting with folks.  While many of us are talking about working on our cars and correcting many long term issues, we seem to be having problems getting motivated.  I'm relieved that it's not just me that's deep in a 'wrench funk' but wonder what we can singly or as a group, do about it.  While we still all love the cars, we seem to have less patience with working on them.  Several projects are stalled due to a lack of interest/motivation/enthusiasm?  Comments?
   Bob E. (*sigh*)

4 comments:

Joe Hine said...

Pat and I will be at the Christmas party....

Bob I feel you pain about being in a wrench funk.....My Jag hasn't moved since getting back from Stowe. I think reviving the TFABACPCAMRG (Traving FABAC Pit Crew and Mobile Repair Group) would help get us through these physiological funk....if we can get Sandy and Larry to consult it might be resolved faster.....I will host the first session...next Saturday 10am, my Garage. Everyone welcome, perhaps we can get the jag running again and all learn something.

Joe

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun Joe. I hope to be there. I had hernia surgery on Thursday but should be mobile enough by next Saturday to at least offer moral encouragement. Sorry, but I won't be able to lift anything.
Dwight

Anonymous said...


I hope to attend, but strictly in the capacity of unskilled onlooker/wrench provider, not psychological guru. Joe- remind me of your address. Cheers, Larry H.

Anonymous said...

Bruce and I will attend.sorry about delay, I just read the minutes. Am amazed that you left out mention of the conversation re: recumbant bikes. It was the highlight of the evening.
Johanna