Morgan to the Rescue

A little e-mail floating about from Jim Woodford:
Hi Jim and Ellie....I had an interesting trip back. As you know I peeled off to visit Ian about some future work on the Morgan when I saw the door of his shop open in Oromocto.I was there about 20 minutes and crossed over the Burton bridge to head home and was about a mile beyond the bridge toward Fredericton when I saw a white MG pulled off to the side with the hood up.Living by the British car code of "NO ONE LEFT BEHIND" I stopped and discovered Mike and Valerie Drury. They were motoring along and the engine just died. There was lots of battery power and the fuel pump was delivering fuel and nothing obvious was amiss so I went back and fetched Ian to the scene. Alas, even the arrival of someone as illustrious as Ian refused to impress the LBC to start. The CAA tow truck was called and the recalcitrant vehicle delivered to Ian's "HOME FOR THE MECHANICALLY CHALLENGED". I then gave Mike and Valerie a ride home in the Morgan which no doubt heightened their appreciation of the suspension qualities of their afflicted MG.
I arrived home about 8:30 p.m., tired but happy I was able to render assistance to someone brave enough to venture forth into the hinterlands in a LITTLE BRITISH CAR.
Thanks for a GREAT DAY.........Jim

No comments: