Did you know this about the famous Donald Healey?

Received an interesting email from member Ralph H. in Saint John:

"I was plowing thru a Classic Boat magazine I found in my stocking and lo and behold I ran across a snippet of info I thought might be of interest to the club followers.

Donald Healey was famous in his time for more than just cars  he formed “Healey Marine Ltd.” in 1956 and produced about 1750 boats over a six-year period.   I have not had any luck finding more info or History despite a search on the interweb but here is a link to an article from another LBC club  Great photos but light on hard info."

http://www.britishcarweek.org/healeyboat.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Healy built an inboard model as well with a 4 cylinder Austin engine. Several years ago I saw photos online of one being towed by a Healy Mk.III.
Phil O