Cornhill Nurseries Run report by Bob E.

  The dainty and quaint Citroen had been a steadfast sight in my rear view mirror for many kilometres when suddenly, there it was...beside me, it's engine humming along merrily and it's driver grinning broadly.  I glanced at my speedometer and no, I hadn't run out of gas. We where doing a good 90Kph as Robert piloted his deux chevaux past me with authority and pulled in front.
  We clearly went the wrong way on Sunday.  Warming temps and clearing skies promised a decent outing.  Eleven cars including a svelte 1967 Alfa Romeo Spider ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Spider ) motored towards Sussex.  At our first stop at McCreadies I met Dan Nicholes and Susan Butterfield.  Dan has recently arrived in Freddy along with his Alfa that he has owned since new(!!!).
   Continuing on, the skies darkened and it got cooler.  At one point I put on a little blast of acceleration to try and get more heat out of the engine.  The fact that it put me back out in front of that pesky little 2CV (and sprayed a fine mist of oil on whomever was behind me) was beside the point.
   Finally arriving at Cornhill Nurseries, EVERYBODY put their tops up and hustled inside shivering.  Lunch was warm and filling.  We will have to venture back there sometime when the weather is nicer. Heather-n-Vic picked some great roads which I didn't really enjoy to there fullest due to the coolish and overcast day.
   Folks wandered the gardens for a bit then headed back in small groups or singly.  Disappointingly,  it warmed up and the skies cleared as we neared Freddy and I pulled into my driveway with the temperature just over 20C.
    Thanks again the Vic-n-Heather for laying on the run and welcome to Susan and Dan....and their Alfa..."puro sangue!
- Bob E.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will soon be taking the powerful 2CV to Bonneville Salt Flats to see what the top end really is, will also be using a Sun Dial to measure the time.

David Nielsen said...

That's wonderful! Now, you should consider having representatives from "Guinness Book of Records" and "Ripley's Believe it or Not" just for the record. Otherwise, no one will believe it when you tell them the results. ;-)