Remember Ralph H's 1966 Jaguar S-Type?

Well, Ralph wanted to sell it so that he could turn his attention to his beautiful MGA. Last month, he succeeded. Here are some photos, links and an email from Ralph:
Here's the original eBay listing. (Bet you wish now that you had bid on it!)

(Click on any photo for a larger version.)

 
     Yup the Jagster is off across the pond once again. Thanks to eBay I realized a sale and actually got almost what I wanted.
     I listed it on EBay and had a huge response the first time round with over 2000 page views and over 100 people had it on the watch list,  a couple bids came in  but did not match the reserve.    I  wanted to put it on again but this time with a Thursday evening start so that on a 10 day listing it would expire on a Sunday night.  Prime bidding time as far as I could see.  I had a couple fellows email during the off time but again no serious offers so back it went.  Almost immediately I had  the starting bid from a fellow in Denmark and I thought “yea right, as if this is a serious bid”.  So I checked out his buying history and there was lots of small car parts and name badges alongside jewelry and kids toys.  I was going to cancel the bid but decided to email the buyer and ask if he was a serious bidder only to be informed that yes it was serious and in fact he had just purchased a Bentley Arnage (FYI starting price $85K used) and another newer Jaguar in Florida.  Money did not appear to be too much of an issue all of a sudden.

     So I let the bid ride and he calls me from Denmark on Sunday to arrange for the final purchase price.  We discussed the car in detail and (keeping his new Bentley in mind) hammered out a price and poof it was sold.  Deposit was in my PayPal in 45 minutes and the balance was in my account two days later.  Gotta love eBay.  Car sat here for another month while he worked out a very complicated and $$$ shipping plan out of the port of New Jersey.  And off it went.
     I have used most of the money already to pamper the MGA with a new 5 Speed transmission, front end rebuild and a full top to bottom engine rebuild.  I even dabbled some MG red paint on the engine block so it looks all fancy now.
     So we are all ready for the drive except for a new muffler and master cylinder that will be on order today.  See you on the road.
Ralph

No comments: