Feedback on the PEI British Car Days

I mentioned in my report for the above show that I would compile a note that I would forward to the PEI car show organizers with our recommendations as to what worked and what needed improvement. So with that in mind would those of you who attended please send me your recommendations. I'll also be sending a copy of this to our PEI British Car Club friends as requested by them. I'd like to get this done soon while the details are still fresh.
 Thanks,
    Gary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI there Gary
As this was my first year at Pei so dont have much to compare it with.I think the main cause for concern is the general decline in british car support over the past few years, not so much perhaps in our club but generally over the Atlantic region.I believe the past shows in Pei were well attended events and certainly Rexton has suffered over the past years.The only light appears to be Windsor which is well organised,well sited, and well supported.I think it all comes down to the speed of life today ,there are so many other things that take up our time during the summer, with work, family, holidays and other interests and hobbies that it leaves many people with less time to pursue Brit car events.
Early summer and autumn events appear to do well Windsor and Stowe seem to get good numbers so perhaps June and Sept are the months to go for, leaving summer for local club events and tours that are one day'ers.
I would have liked to see some trade stalls at the Pei event even if it was only a auto flea market where people are encouraged to bring their excess parts to sell on to others.Even a car boot sale ( a yard sale run from your car boot )would add something to an event run in a very remote venue. Perhaps it should be moved to the boardwalk at Summerside where you have a small town or village to entertain the entrants,plus draw more visiters to view the cars.

Well thats my view for what its worth
Kelvin