Quick Turn-Around

Several FABACians met Andy R. at a breakfast at ODell Park this summer. He talked about selling his beautiful Land Rover and buying something else British.

Here's what he sold on Bring-A-Trailer quite recently:

...and here's what he purchased VERY recently:

After Andy followed Morgans-for-sale on Hemmings, Bring-a-trailer and elsewhere with not much success, I emailed Rick Swain to see if he knew of anyone in Nova Scotia who might be interested in selling their Morgan. You may remember Rick as the automobile artist who each year at the Windsor show picked "the car I would most like to drive home" and presented the owner with his artistic rendition of the car. Both Kelvin with his Westfield, and I with my Morgan Super Sports, received this honour on two different years. 

Well, in Rick's reply to my email, he said that he was considering selling either his Austin Healy or his 1960 Morgan +4 roadster. The Morgan has had VERY extensive attention given in every way in its restoration. Andy contacted Rick and the rest is history. Andy and I took the ferry to Digby last Wednesday to take delivery of the treasure and brought it to its new home in Fredericton. There are more stories that you can get from either Andy or me.

- David

2 comments:

Joe Hine said...

and he is very appropriately dressed for motoring in a Morgan...I hope he has the correct cap as well. Looking forward to seeing the car at club events.

Joe

Anonymous said...

Bob L also had his 2CV painted by this gent at the Charlottetown event where he won two other prizes as well.