A vow!

      I 'manned up' on Tuesday during the breakfast and vowed to start the Jag's engine by my birthday on March 17th.  To that end, here's some progress pics.
      I had to modify the support bracket I'd made but never used for the distributorless ignition system's pickup as I never liked the supplied one. Then it was drill and tap four holes on the rear of the cam flanges to install some blanking plates.  I'm using the head from a Series 3 XJ6 that never had these holes because it didn't need blanking plates.   All this after a flurry of digging through many boxes to find nuts-n-bolts that I knew I'd stored and labeled....somewhere.
Rob E.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good Bob --- keep it up.

Joe Hine said...

Yea.....progress.....we are watching\

JOe

Anonymous said...

Oh I really wanted to be there for that first startup

https://www.facebook.com/180739014053/videos/443823456303792

Ralph