International Drive Your Triumph Day (February 10th)

     Yesterday, Feb. 10, was International Drive Your Triumph Day.  As I usually start my sport cars once or twice during the winter any way, I thought I would give it a go.
     I got all of the stuff out of the way of driving my TR6 out of the garage, and coxed the engine to life despite the -10C temp.  After letting the engine warm up for a while I took a few short drives in the neighbourhood.
     I did not want to go too far and have the undercarriage sprayed with salt.  I could not help but think of the early 1970's when I drove my sport cars all winter as they were my only car.

Chris Daigle


 

5 comments:

David Nielsen said...

Darn! Missed it! Congratulations, Chris. It really was a nice day yesterday. The car looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Fine looking TR6 Chris. February 10th?? The date must have been chosen by someone in the Southern Hemisphere.
Phil

David Nielsen said...

David whispers: I drove my brand new 1968 Morgan +4 SS (the one I still have) in winter 1969. It was all I had. Very good in snow with 50/50 weight distribution.

Anonymous said...

David, where did you buy the Morgan?

Chris D

David Nielsen said...

I bought the SS from Metro Motors in Windsor, Ontario.
I bought the red 1962 +4 four-seater second hand from Paul Tacon Psych professor at UNB. (back in 1967)