Day 2...still going up

      Despite having to spend the intermission fixing the Honda's stuck front brake caliper, I managed to squeeze in an afternoon precariously balancing the Jag on an ever-growing pile of concrete blocks and wood scraps.
      Getting the last few cm of height needed to clear the engine required a bunch of wooden blocks AND raising the jack.  Luckily I had the foresight to embark on a major home renovation project last year which left stacks of cut lumber all over the house.  With the engine now in place, the task is to s-l-o-w-l-y and carefully lower the car until it's on its wheels.  The engine will then be raised the last little bit to meet the engine mounts.  Note that at this angle, the (heavy) bonnet doesn't stay raised on its own, requiring the use of my patented bonnet-holder-upper.  
     Thanks to all who offered to help but I'm going it alone because if anything goes disastrously wrong, I prefer NOT to have any witnesses so that I can lie about it.
  Onwards and upwar—no, that would be downwards!
  Rob E.

Click on this photo to see all in full size.








2 comments:

Joe Hine said...

Glad to see the progress Robert....we may see this car yet this year!! good JOb.

another anonymous said...

I can only conclude that you must have finished the bathroom reno!!!! So now you have time on your hands.

I got oil pressure on my MGB and with a few other chores I may have start-up before you and Kelvin.

Tim