River Valley Run

Carolyn and I wish to thank the 15 FABACians who joined us on our little "Too-nice-a-Day-to-Stay-Home" run up to Hartland. I appreciated John D's input to help me decide on the route (and arrange for perfect weather) and Henning's suggestion to eat at the Waterfront Pub in Nackawic (Excellent food and service). We even tried Pat S's suggestion to get ice cream at YUMYUM's on the way home but it was closed.  :-(

The highlight of the trip was that Ellie and Jim joined us! For any of you who don't know them, Jim planned and led countless wonderful runs over the two decades. Maybe I shouldn't say 'countless' because Jim actually has counted them! For the first time, Jim showed me a little book where he had logged every FABAC trip that he was on from when he first joined in the early days of our club! Details of how many vehicles, distance travelled, the weather, and much more. I'll have to make a copy of a sample page and share it with the club. Absolutely a phenomenal record of activities! Thank you, Jim.

Cheers
David




 


1 comment:

Joe Hine said...

Sorry I missed it, but grandchildren take priority I'm afraid