UPDATE: FABAC Run to McAdam Station

We now have 14 people confirmed for the run to McAdam station on September 18. While this is fewer than the 15 I was looking for, I spoke with the organizer for the station who said that that would be acceptable.
I would like to continue to recruit some more people for this run. Supporting the station is certainly worthwhile, and this is the time of the year that can be most beautiful for our runs. If you would like to join us, please post a comment to this message.
Dan

At our meeting on Wednesday, I proposed a run to McAdam station. We can do it on Saturday, September 18, with rain date Sunday, September 19. We will leave from the Brookside shopping centre parking lot at 11:00 AM, arriving at the station at noon. They will give us a tour of the station and a lunch of homemade soup, sandwich and dessert. The cost will be $33.00 per person for the tour and lunch, tax included. If there are 20 or more, the cost drops to $28.00 per person.

We need to make reservations on the FABAC website. We should have a minimum of 15 people to make it worthwhile for them to do it. I need a show of hands by August 27. If  we have a minimum of 15, I will make the reservations.

Dan

8 comments:

Anonymous said...


Sandi and Larry are planning on attending. Thanks for doing this Dan.

Joe Hine said...

Dan, I will commit to going....Just me so far possibly Pat later. I will advise if she is going

Joe

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,
Thanks for looking after this.
Terry and Karen plan to attend.

Anonymous said...

Margot and David plan to attend. Thanks for doing this Dan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan

Yes, Al and Elva plan to attend.

Thank you for organizing.

Anonymous said...

I intend to go. Barb has another event so it's just me at this point.

Thanks Dan and Susan for putting this on.

Gary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful train station and the tour is great. We would like to go on this trip, but is it haulout weekend for our sailboat so we cannot go. Have a great time!

Beth and Chris Daigle

Joe Hine said...

Dan....Just me going. If anyone else would like to fill my empty seat in the Porsche, let me know

Joe