Help a guy out!

I have recently purchased a 1972 Triumph convertible GT6. It started life as a Spitfire Mark 4 but with the addition of the expanded hood and the 2 litre 6 cylinder engine plus beefing up the front suspension it is now my convertible GT6.  Only one problem.  I need a GT6 differential (3.27:1).   That way I can drive to Halifax without hearing it singing at 4,000 RPM all the way.  Does anyone on this site know of a hoarder of such parts that they may wish to sell to the highest bidder? (ME)   Any help is much appreciated.   
Thanks, 
Steve Fort

3 comments:

Joe Hine said...

Steve is not a member of the group, he lives in Halifax. I saw the post on another facebook page and said I would expand his search here. Let me know if anyone can help.

Joe

Anonymous said...

Joe/Steve:
I bought a Laycock overdrive a few years ago from Quantum Mechanics in Connecticut for my 77 MGB. I had it installed by a transmission guy here in Fredericton while I had the engine out for a car rebuild. I understand that Quantum deals with transmissions etc for most makes of British cars. I found John at Quantum good to deal with and would deal with him again. Interestingly, I met him a couple of years later at a show in Carlisle.
https://www.quantumechanics.com/
Dwight Ball
5064725390
fdball@nbnet.nb.ca

Unknown said...

i HAVE A SPITFIRE WITH FORD TWO LITER ENGINE , FORD TRANSMISSION AND DATSUN REAR DIFFERENTIAL ...... TAKING OFFERS GRH@UNB.CA