An e-mail from Mark Jones in Ontario


t has been really nice recently to receive updates from members who now live out of province. I received this e-mail from Mark Jones with photos of his MGBGT and Spitfire. Check out his web site.
"This past summer saw my 73 MGBGT hit the road again for the first time in four years (it sat in a barn outside of Burtts Corner for just over a year before I trailered it up to its new home in Corunna, Ontario. This past winter I rebuilt the engine, carburettors and installed an overdrive transmission. I got the car back on the road by June and had a great time putting 500 break-in miles on the engine. I had almost forgotten how much fun the BGT is to drive. But during the GT's absence I haven't been without LBC transportation. My 80 Spitfire has kept me company on many explorations of Lambton County and Southwestern Ontario. We even attended this years Battle of the Brits show in Detroit, which is about an hour away. The problem though with living in Southwestern Ontario is that the vast majority of the roads are straight and there are no hills. But the length of the driving season here certainly helps make up for the flat, straight roads.
"In September we took the GT to the Toronto Triumph-sponsored Bronte Park show. That was a great show. There were over 1,200 cars there of all makes and sizes. We travelled with friends and arrived a bit late. We ended up parking between a row of Midgets and MGBs. The GT kind of stuck out amongst the roadsters but got a lot of attention, probably because it didn't fit in. The drive home along the QEW actually was okay. With the overdrive engaged we effortlessly cruised at 75 mph with traffic. Surprisingly, as far as I could tell my GT was the only one proudly sporting a FABAC grill badge.
"The local club here is the Bluewater British Car Club, www.xcelco.on.ca/~bluewaterbritishcc and, believe it or not, I'm the Club's Vice President, well at least until January and have been creating the Club's website."

No comments: