An Early Report from PEI


Phil O. sent along this e-mail:
Here's a link to some photos taken at Bob Bentley's soirée Friday evening as well as several pics taken at the show in Charlottetown Saturday morning. The rain put a damper on things at the Bentley's but it was great to meet some other LBC folks and see some nice cars. There were a few very rare and well turned out cars at the show as well.
Phil

Thanks, Phil. We thought of you folks many times over the rainy Friday. Perhaps Saturday was a bit better? We must remember that these cars come from a land where fairly regular precipitation is part of life. ;-) That's why the electrical systems are designed to resist any problems due to moisture!!!!
- David

And this photo of the Earl of Burton from Margot and David R with this comment:
"Yup, it was wet!"

4 comments:

Mark Brown said...

Darn, guess I missed that beautiful MG TC once again! It's one of my favorite cars I've ever seen in the area but I've never had the chance to look at it up close.

I went to the show for a couple hours on Saturday, just made a day trip out of it. While I was there, I encountered a couple brief periods of light drizzle, but nothing worse. However, the field was very wet and muddy, and I suspect the weather kept many participants away. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seemed like there were fewer cars there than at the past two shows I've been to.

I'm not sure opening the show up to non-British vehicles made it a better show, although there were some superb non-British entries. Still, the cars that "wowed" me the most were Brits that I'd not seen before - a lovely '40s Singer, a spotless MG TC, and a fantastic Stag to name just a few.

I must say I was a bit disappointed by the very notable presence of several new car dealers - seemed like the show had "sold out."

All in all, I think this year's show was the worst I've been to (which includes 2007, 2008, and 2009), but it was by no means a bad show. In fact, I quite enjoyed it and I'm glad I went - I was just disappointed by the poor-ish turn-out, I think.

Mark Brown said...

Sorry, that should read "a spotless MG TD."

christopher devine said...

I had a good time up in PEI (this was the 4th show my Dad & I attended) I think the weather compounded any less than positive feelings about the show. But we still had a nice time up there chatting with car peeps.

here's a link for some pics that I took at the show..enjoy

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=94098&id=512279262&ref=share

David Nielsen said...

I wasnt able to attend this year. Thanks for sharing your photos. There was certainly a greater variety of cars than I had thought ranging from Ole Skool to some beautiful classics. Excellent photos by the way.