Phil sent along this clever ad.

Ad recently found on Craigslist – April 3/10
4 wire wheels for 1968 MGB. $600. 4 wheels come with their own, original knock-off hubs. That's only $150 per wheel. You may find some cheaper but you'll not find a better value than what you'll find here. But wait, there's more!. 

At only $150 for each original, British Classic wire wheel, that's quite a bargain. But I'm gong to toss in at no additional cost another identical wheel as a spare for the trunk. This weekend we're going to throw in the tires and tubes as well. That's something, isn't it? But wait, there's more! 

These beautifully crafted wheels won't do you much good without something to put them on now will they? That's why I'm going to throw in a car body with the complete undercarriage as well. After all, wheels don't seem to go as far as they used to without something to attach them to now do they? (Be sure to click on "Read more" to see the rest.)
Now that's quite a lot for just $600 wouldn't you say But wait, there's more! 

This deal-of-the-weekend just got better. How's that, you say? I'll tell tell you how. Be the first to respond and you'll get not only the original 5 classic wire wheels, the running gear and the body but we're going to give you the engine with the attached manual, 4 speed transmission, the hood, the trunk lid and a gas tank. All at this same low, low price. Now you would have to say that it just couldn't get any better that this, right? If you did, you would be wrong! Because here's what I'm gong to do. Be the first to commit to this incredible offer and I'm not only going to give you the wheels at this incredibly low, low price, the running gear, the classically designed British sports car body in your choice of colors to be applied later, the engine with attached transmission, the sleek hood and trunk lid and the under-mounted fuel tank. Now we're going to give you an additional gift of chrome bumpers, mirrors, windshield, front grill with distinctive MG logo and both doors almost ready to attach. Seats, ready to be recovered in your choice of materials. Original, wooden steering wheel, dashboard gauges and floor mats This just seems too good to be true doesn't it? But believe you me, it's real. 

I don't believe I've ever made such an offer like this before, and may never be able to make an offer like this ever again. It's just too good to be true now isn't it? That's what I thought when I began to make this amazing offer to the public. But I just couldn't help myself so I went all out with this one. Yes, you're right! There is more. 

Not only will you get everything I've already listed, but I'm going to add to this amazing, one of a kind offer, some brand new parts as well. You heard right folks. Brand new parts that will add even more value to this already incredible offer. Now I'm going to add almost absolutely new rocker panels, new rear quarter panels and brand new floorboards for any rusted areas that may be found on a classic British automobile of this age. This also includes a new dashboard free of any padding to lessen any potential facial injuries that come only with cars of that era. No, not one bit of foam to contribute to pollution or reduce dental rebuilds with this one. Yes, this is truly a fantastic offer. 

And finally, the coup de gras. You will never believe this but in addition to everything I have just listed, as if it wasn't enough, this phenomenal, nowhere seen before offer will now come, this weekend only, with a brand new convertible top! Still in the factory box. Now how about that? I have traveled many countries before and scoured my entire garage but I have never, ever been able to make this unbelievable offer and will never be able to again. You heard it right folks, Never again. All for the incredibly, low, low price and one easy payment of only $600. 

That's it. Call me crazy, and some of you will, but whoever comes for this truly classic British Sports car will take away everything I have already mentioned and yes, you knew it was coming. One more thing!. You'll leave with all the owners manuals, rebuild and repair manuals, Moss Motoring magazines and photos of what this entire ensemble of British engineering wizardry may look like someday, but you will also get a free and clear title. Trust me when I say I can never make this offer again. When it's gone, it's gone! 

(Some assembly required).

No comments: