Johanna and Bruce must be Proud

An email from Johanna:

Wanted to update you all on Catharine’s wonderful victory yesterday. You have all been so enthusiastic and encouraging of her.

Offenburg, Germany. Catharine Pendrel (Canada), formerly of Harvey Station won the Offenburg World Cup, the third race in the mountain bike world cup series. Her time of 1:37:24 was 28 seconds faster than second place Georgia Gould (USA). Esther Suss (Switzerland) was third, 38 seconds back. Marie Helene Premont (Canada) was fourth.

Pendrel became the first Canadian rider in three years to don the leader's jersey in the World Cup series.  Pendrel now holds a 40 point lead over American Willow Koerber (Subaru-Gary Fisher) in the standings, with three events remaining.
Johanna

2 comments:

Margot and David said...

WHOOPS..... a major slip of the mouse. I shall repeat my congrats to Catharine (heard you on radio today) and to her proud parents. For those of you who have read my previous congrats on the bug splat posting, yes, I am old and prone to making mistakes! Maybe if I'd had that big bottle of bubbly that C. Pendrel, World Champ is holding, I would have had an excuse. I didn't so I'll blame my poor eyesight and old age. Regardless..... wonderful results.... keep up the good work Catharine.

Choral Bytes said...

Fabulous - Congratulations!
Carolyn