Photos and a report on the Fabulous Lobster Run

Thanks for the photos, Stephen.
And a report from Bob E:

"What the....?"
I hadn't been drinking (too early in the day), I wasn't on any drugs (my wrist was all better), and I was wide awake (I checked), so why was I seeing two identical 2CVs on the off ramp of the Burton bridge?
Thinking that Bob Laroche's car had reproduced by binary fission I stopped to help (but gave it a wide berth).  What are the odds that the gentleman driving his 2CV across the world should have an an
identical car to Bob's?!  Bob and his guests were headed to their overnight stay so we chatted for a few minutes before I left them to continue into Freddy.
  I got to the rally point just as everyone was leaving and followed along.  The drive north was interrupted only by Tim Ross's attempt to get himself a 'Bent Spoke' award.  With several heads buried under the bonnet of his B, the disconnected wire was quickly found, connected, his B fired up and we continued on our way.  We met up with other FABACians along the way and eventually amassed 15 cars.
  At the Dumfries Anglican Church an eating contest broke out with Jim B trying to eat his AND everyone else's lobster.  Not to be outdone, Curry quietly ate pie after pie while Kelvin simply bought
several entire pies for later consumption.
  The drive home followed the 105 on the opposite side of the St John river.  This drive was completely uneventful which must have been a relief to the Crumleys.
  This is the second year for this run and we're amassing a good variety of regular outings and places we like to visit.  This makes planning trips much easier and I've noticed more folks volunteering to plan them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi folks,

A very enjoyable day and great company! Yes, it was an uneventful return trip, but just barely. Brenda and I took the same drive on Monday, to go to Presque Isle, and threw a rod bearing in our newly rebuilt engine!!

Dennis.

David Nielsen said...

No, Dennis! That's not fair--not the way things are supposed to happen. Will the rebuilder honour the warranty?
- David

Choral Bytes said...

I'm hoping that next year I will actually be able to go on this run!
Carolyn