Contacts at Stowe

I received this email from Terry:

Sunday evening the question was posed to each of us, what was the hi-light of the show for you?
Gary said for him, by far, it was the contacts he made so can you please put the attached on the site for all to help explain the type of contacts he was referencing?

Thanks,
Terry

Here is a letter that Terry received from a contact at Stowe:

Terry,
It was nice chatting with you on the field at Stowe Sunday morning.  My family is all over me now to get to work on our TR3 (TS183xxL)!  So I have started some planning to do just that.  In the meantime, I said that I would send you a picture of our car when it was in its youth.  The race picture was taken at Limerock Park in CT, during the 1969 race season.  The second picture is when the car was displayed at a car show held at the coliseum in Hartford CT in 1970.  As mentioned, this car was bought new in 1957 by 2 Pratt & Whitney engineers for weekend racing and the car was never driven on public roads.  They sold the car in 1968 to a local gentleman who continued to campaign the car for a few more years, then it went into storage until we bought it in 1989.  I guess it is about time to get to work on her.

I hope your trip back was without incident.  I certainly admire your car club for gathering together a large group and putting a thousand miles on the cars.

All the best,
Chris Wilson

No comments: