A great offer for FABACians heading to Stowe

It does not look as if I am going to have the car ready for Stowe so have a lift arranged with Gary. However a friend suggested that if I was still prepared to drive down then why don't I take my Nissan Sentra down as a support vehicle. I could carry a full tool kit, with some spares such as electrical repair kit, wire, hoses, spare gas and water, trolley jack and any other spares that members would like to take down but can't fit in their own cars.  I could also take down any excess luggage that members have so that they don't have to squash every thing in their brit car or overload it.
A couple of members have already expressed an interest, and I could run as "tail end Charlie" with radio contact to the lead car.
I am quite happy to drive down and carry spares / luggage for people, it may add a little security for such a long journey.
Perhaps those going down would like post a reply as to whether they think it a good idea.
- Kelvin

4 comments:

David Nielsen said...

A great idea, Kelvin. And a generous one too!

Unknown said...

Over the years I've trained SWMBO to travel light (even austere) so we don't need any space but thanks for the offer.

Anonymous said...

Great idea Kelvin and much appreciated.
If I can't get a couple of gremlins worked out of the B before next week I may want to ride with you.
Dwight

Anonymous said...

Kelvin:
A generous offer very much in the FABAC spirit. We can fit everything we need into the B but the concept of a service vehicle is a great one,
takes me back to my Shell 4000 days. Best,
John B.