Convertible tops and other things

I have on my Westfield a canvas top rather than the normal vinyl found on brit sports cars. Often it was an option extra to have canvas, double duck, or mohair tops.
The problem with these tops is that they are very hard to keep clean. The dirt seems to penetrate the fibres of the material and despite all the upholstery cleaners, nothing gets them clean.
Last year I found a cleaner and restorer in the States but it came with price of around $160 US. However there is now a cleaner / restorer from the British firm Auto Glym that sells for just under $40 Cdn and is available from your local Crappy tire.
I have just bought the 2 pack system and will try it sometime over the winter and will report back with my findings.
Whilst in the store, I noticed that they have a clearance on the magnum tool chests. This one is the top of the range, 4ft wide with 8 drawers with lift latch handles.
The top lid has a power bar inside and lined with a non slip mat as are the top 2 drawers. However the neat thing is that the bottom of the chest which would rest on the bench actually pulls out to give you extended shelf to work on. Its an aluminium surface that will stay nice and clean and means you don't lose and workbench space.
These normally sell for $900 though I have seen them on offer for about $650 but the clearance price is only $300. This is a real good deal for what it is. If i didn't already have 2 tool boxes I would snap one of these up in a instant.
If your in the market go and have a look.

All for now   
Kelvin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent find Kelvin. I don't need a tool chest but the cloth top cleaner is quite appropriate as I'll be installing my new one this winter.