Report on the December 19th FABAC meeting

  There may be missing information in this report as my notebook is still in the car and Dianne is working late.
  We really should eat at Dimitri's more often, the food is wonderful.
  Gary opened with a short (thankfully) recap of this years events and get togethers. Despite some awful weather we had a surprising number of runs.
  Jim W dropped by and invited folks to his place for the annual pre-new year's eve music fest.  It starts at 6:00PM on next Monday, the 30th **PLEASE** RSVP Lorraine and Jim if you plan to attend. (363-4697 or jim@torrefiedwoodpellet.com)
  John's monthly quiz stalled as the flag dropped once he discovered that it had been forgotten at home.  An impromptu short quiz was held which caused no end of arguing despite the correct answer being quickly found.
  Bob E.

A good seasonal chuckle stolen from the E-Type forum:

"With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my E-Type friends about drinking and  driving. This is a first for me, as I normally dont preach to others. As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out  with friends. Well, two days ago I was out in the E for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be  slightly over the limit'.  That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home. Sure enough on the way home there was a  police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past and I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before.  I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage, I don't know what to do with it."

No comments: