Hi Dave:
I was looking through a couple of comments where I had posted photos of some cars on the beach in Florida.  Paul B said that he “used to salivate” over Marcos cars as a teenager.  When I as a teen I was more into salivating over cars like the Ferrari 250GTO, AC Cobra, Ford GT40 and Lola GT6 and don’t think I noticed the Marcos until I got involved with British cars a few years later.

Anyway, if you want to post these for Paul’s viewing pleasure (and perhaps others), here are a few Marcos photos taken at the Virginia Int’l Raceway Gold Cup Vintage Races several years ago.  I spent a weekend there and saw some fantastic racing, got to stroll around the pits, toured several race and restoration shops in the Raleigh/Durham area and took hundreds of photos.

Phil

(Click on any photo for larger version.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


Three years ago Sandi and I, along with friends took a walking tour around Cornwall. At one place we stayed, I saw a book there: "Marcos. The Story of a Great British Sportscar" I looked at the picture on the inside cover and realized that our B & B host was Jem March, the creator of the Marcos. He took me to the garage and showed me the Marcos that he still had, though he didn't drive it anymore. I purchased a copy of the book, which he autographed. Small World! Cheers, Larry H.

Paul B said...

AAAARRRGH!!!!
You guys !
Thanks for photos Phil.
Sue and I used to vacation in Cornwall many times, camping as impoverished students did in those days and a chance to meet Jem March would have been like meeting Elvis.

Cheers
Paul