Bob and his "Cat" go out into the spring day.

  Despite the coolish and somber weather this morning I was determined to get the Jag out for a bit of a drive to shake out the cobwebs from both me and the car.  It's been a l-o-n-g winter and after spending the week chipping the ice from the driveway in front of the garage all I wanted was salt free roads.  Once outside she started on one cylinder for a few seconds then the others joined in in sequence as the front carb decided to work.  I ran a few errands in Oromocto then headed into Freddy via the 105 as it stopped raining.
     After a few more stops in the city I decided to try putting the top down as it had warmed up a good bit. Heading down Smythe was most pleasant and I decided to see if someone wanted to come out and play. All was quiet at Joe H's house but a blast of the horn brought him out in his slippers.  I insisted that his Jag be given its maiden voyage and and wouldn't listen to his tales of loose bolts and unfinished fettling. The battery was installed, stuff tightened up and off we went into town. Joe was nervous but everything worked fine and we enjoyed a nice little drive to the 'local' for a quick celebratory lunch.  We discovered a slight oil leak and that the passenger door needs some fiddling to close properly but that's minor stuff.  
     Heading home under warm and sunny skies was heady stuff.  The snow cover brought an almost overwhelming feeling of nostalgia and 'opening-scene-of-The-Italian-Job'  deja vu. ...oh ya, I declare this season open!
     Bob E.

1 comment:

Joe Hine said...

I was very happy that Bob was with me for the first drive. I was feeling crappy with a cold and would not have done anything with the car if he hadn't shown up. I only licensed it on Thursday. Few minor things to work on, but bring on the good weather!! I have a choice of cars now! Thanks again Bob.