Progress.....finally!

      And isn't it about time? Weirdly, I was struck by an attack of enthusiasm on Sunday and have worked on the jag every day since, even if only a little bit. The crankshaft is mostly in.  I mounted it, applied some Plastigauge to the journals, took everything apart again and measured the gauge.  I knew that all clearances where going to be well within tolerances but I like confirmation.  Turns out I need one normal thrust bearing (I had bought two oversize ones to account for what I assumed would be normal wear). I've also ordered a new oil pump as mine has some scoring on the outer rotor.
       The head was cleaned to within an inch of it's life and masked off for painting on the first decent day.  I'd started cleaning and polishing the aluminium but gave up as it's sooooo badly corroded.  I ground off the worst of it and the paint will make it look period and hide the bit of pitting left.
     Onwards!
- Bob E.

(Click on crank for larger views)




2 comments:

Joe Hine said...

GET THIS THING FINISHED....

Anonymous said...

good on you Bob Keep at it and before you know it you will be completely out of money.

Ralph