Driveway Cars & (no) Coffee

I’m going to have to follow Ralph’s lead and send a “No Coffee, Not-In-Driveway Entry” as well.  I got the Little Blue Car out of hibernation about three weeks ago and did a few little things in anticipation of a drive.  One issue I noted for attention later was a very noisy fuel pump.  Two weeks ago I dusted Little Blue off and struck out for a short road trip.  I was back home about an hour and a half later compliments of CAA.  I think I now have the two issues causing the grief fixed but haven’t been able to do a road test yet.

The two issues causing the problem?  The electric inline fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator in the EFI throttle body.  Those parts, along with my coffee cup are pictured on top of the remote air filter cover.  What’s in the cup?  Gasoline!  J

Phil
PS: The pressure regulator is a Bosch part originally in a VW Golf.  Another part to add to the already eclectic mix of Mustang, Ford Ranger, Corvette, Cadillac, Kubota, Fiero, Camaro, Buick, Nissan, and Rover parts that make up Little Blue.


No comments: