Vehicle Data Collection

I came across this video of a man talking about the new 2024 Mustang and its data collection capabilities.  For those a bit paranoid about “Big Brother”, this will raise some concerns.  The US version of the owner’s manual is 550 pages plus and goes into detail about what data is collected (including your emails and your contact list if your phone is connected to the car) and what Ford can do with this data.  The Canadian version of the owner’s manual I expect would top over 1,200 pages and would make a dent in your fuel mileage from just carrying it in the car.

Phil

Ford Mustang 2024 , It's A Great Car, But....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb3jGLXw5og

1 comment:

David Nielsen said...

Tesla has always captured extreme amounts of data. However, most of it can be turned off in settings, but like my computer, the car knows more about me than I would prefer.