Phil O's Awesome Bike Trip

Phil O has never been one to sit around. To make up for being forced to for some time, he has had quite an adventure. Here's his e-mail to me:

Hi Dave:
I was recently reading the FABAC blog (or is it FABABAC now?) from out here on the Left Coast and see that I got a mention that I was back in commission after a freak bike accident last year. Not to be picky, but technically it wasn't a bike accident as I was not even touching the bike when I fell last August, tearing up the muscles, etc in my knee. That being said, I've recovered and just back in Chilliwack, BC from a nearly 8000 km tour through parts of northern British Columbia, Yukon and Alaska with my son on my other motorcycle. Great trip........awesome scenery, lots of gravel roads and wildlife, rain with some hail, did some camping, plenty of insects the size of helicopters and wonderful people.

The three Mt. Baker, WA photos were taken today (Friday) in the parking lot near Mt. Baker and show two really nice forms of transportation. The Mk. II Healey was in fantastic condition as was the Kawasaki Concours. The road was closed at this point as the snow was not yet cleared from the roadway.
Traffic was almost non-existent on the road today. The FABAC folks would love the 45 mile drive from Sumas, WA to the point where the photos were taken. There are two small towns that have nice restaurants for meeting/eating, LOTS of turns and quite a few one hundred eighty degree ones, with a steady climb for the last fifteen miles. There are no guardrails and in some sections the road has no shoulder with a drop-off of several hundred feet. A bit unnerving in several places on the bike.

I'm heading back to NB next Tuesday and hope to be at a meeting soon.

Regards
Phil

See more photos by clicking on this one:

No comments: