A blast from the past! (John B. in 1964)

I received this great email from John Bowles and just HAD to share it with all of you:

"June 15th 1964, Rattlesnake Point HillClimb (near Hamilton, Ontario) with yours truly winning BTD (best time of day) in my black 1962 Jaguar XKE. The time of 1.26.34 beat the lesser times of competing XKE’s, Porches, Corvettes, Austin-Healeys, etc. I was probably hitting 75-85 mph in third gear coming up to the hairpin corner. I just received the pictures today from a Toronto historian researching Canadian sport car competition of the 50s, 60s and 70s and I thought you’d like to see them."
Click on the Jag for a larger image.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These sure are great and I'll bet they bring back some fond memories. It's nice to see someone poking their kitty with a stick...I'll bet she really growled!