Kelvin could use some assistance.

I'll let Kelvin explain:

Perhaps you could put on the web site a request for some help before Windsor. Last time out the Mini had an electric short in the flasher switch. So I bought a new switch from Moss and also an electric fan kit to aid the cooling when stuck in traffic along with some tappet cover gaskets and a lower engine brace to stop the engine rocking about when you drop the clutch.
The new switch is in but took me a day and a half to fit. The guy that rebuilt it replaced some of the wiring but used red wires for nearly everything. One wire was extended 3 times with 3 different coloured wires. The new switch went in easy but left me with no fuel gauge, no temp gauge and no flashers. It was a nightmare.
I would love to get the new electric fan in for the run to Windsor even if the rest waits until I get back. An extra pair of hands would really help as I have to remove the bonnet to get the rad out and the rad has to cone out to mount the fan.
It's not difficult but after the wiring fiasco I really need some moral support.
Anytime between now and Thursday night would be great.  
Thanks
 - Kelvin (471-3578)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kelvin!...answer your phone...or get an answering service.
Call Bob E. I can come tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Bob
The number on the message was my cell no.I can usually be got on my home no.472 9895.My cell lives in the car 24/7.
Dwight came round and helped today but we still could not get it in. It may just be too large for the opening. Will try again tomorrow but if no joy,will just put it back as it was and live with the running hot in traffic.
Kelvin