Johanna on different wheels — "Ride to Conquer Cancer"

With my usual enthusiasm, I have signed up to ride the 2014 Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer. It is a 200 km bike ride from Toronto to Niagara falls, conducted over two days of hopefully pleasant weather on June 7 and 8, 2014. The first day we bike to Hamilton, camp out that night, and then proceed on to Niagara Falls the next day. Last year, they had 5,020 participants.

As with all of these ventures there is a requirement that we raise a certain amount of money for the charity - in this instance, the Princess Margaret Hospital. “Funds will support Princess Margaret's vision of Personalized Cancer Medicine - a multi-faceted, integrated approach to cancer care that focuses on the unique nature of each patient: "Finding the right treatment for the right patient, at the right time." I did not receive treatment from the Princess Margaret Hospital, but have no doubt benefitted from their research programme and would like to support the fundraiser. And I am asking for your help.

If you would like to support this, please go to www.conquercancer.ca and click on “Ontario 2014”. Then click onto “Donate”, and enter my participant name. It will take you to my personal page and tell you my story. Or you can click onto the “click here to visit my personal page” at the bottom of my letter. I have just started fundraising and thought I would approach friendly faces first.  (I do hate fundraising.)

Any assistance you can offer would be much appreciated. They are providing tax donation receipts for all donations over $10.

Thank you,
Johanna
Click here to visit my personal page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this David. Much appreciated.
Johanna

David Nielsen said...

You are more than welcome, Johanna. Carolyn and I wish you all the best with this challenge. You can do it!