Some thoughts on Top Gear Clarkson firing

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/jeremy-clarkson-dropped-from-bbc-s-top-gear-1.3008688?cmp=rss

 I had a love/hate opinion of Clarkson. 
He made some great documentaries over the years (Motorworld, Meet the Neighbours) and certainly was a big part of Top Gear's popularity but his ego has gotten the better of him.  I would have rather seen that producer knock Clarksons teeth out then break his arms just for good measure.  I'm sure that would have set the pompous arse back on his heels and taught him to control his temper and ego.  I'm sure TG will continue on it's own inertia and I have faith that the BBC will be smart enough to put a vivacious personality in his place.  The show is too much of a gold mine for them to screw it up.  It will be nice to see all three working together instead of screwing each other, or having to put up with Clarkson's incessant gay jokes and put downs. 

   Bob E.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey but that was the point he was an obnoxious bore but combined with the Hamster and May the three clicked along perfectly. Sure fire his sorry butt out the door for being disrespectful to the crew (anybody) and save the antics for on screen but I do not know how they will slot another person in there with the same three way chemistry. Have you tried to watch the US version of TG? OMG please run me over with a 73 Ford Pinto before I am forced to watch that painful exercise ever again.
Ralph H

Anonymous said...

I think we will find that Clarkson was an entitled and arrogant SOB. Not sorry to see him go. Homophobic and rascist.
Johanna

Anonymous said...

Not that I have a strong opinion on this ��

Anonymous said...

Do not worry the three of them will be back soon with their new show on Netflix,it was all a set up to get away from The Beeb!

CAR-US-UK said...

I'm not sure about Clarkson's opinion