Johanna's report on the Sugar Run

Well, we had a truly lovely time at Dumfries Maples. Bruce and I were of course one of the last to arrive as we live the closest. I can only say in our defense that we did say 11 o’clock and you keeners were there before eleven.
The twelve of us chowed down on pancakes, sausages, eggs, and bacon, and drank volumes of coffee and tea. Bob E said he brought a piece of a British car but I thought it looked more like a part of a British toilet. However, as no one else came remotely close to bringing even a mudflap of a British car, Bob won the surprise of a British car diary which Bruce had dug out of our de-cluttering bins. We discussed the pros and cons of a woman replacing Jeremy Clarkson for Top Gear, spoke of possible trips, and for some reason (probably Bob’s fault) had a lengthy and somewhat revolting discussion (we were eating at the time) about various sea sickness and car sickness episodes in our lives. We also compared the listing quality of destroyers, the Grand Manaan Ferry, and cargo ships, especially overloaded ones.

Which brings me to my next story. David Nielsen says that it will earn me a place on THE WALL OF SHAME. Nevertheless, I will be brave and tell you that, while I had in a moment of enthusiasm volunteered to take on the Grand Manaan trip organization, I am going to renege on that offer. To do it properly (and that is the only way to do something) I would want to go to Grand Manaan on a test run. Bruce and I had thought of doing that on bicycles, but because I am back at work for six months, I am back to the misfortune of only having weekends available to me and they are already very booked. So I humbly accept my appointment to the WALL OF SHAME and ask someone else to take on that excursion.

Which brings me to Jim and Ellie, who in a moment of weakness and family loyalty chose to go to a basketball game instead of joining us for pancakes. They too would have earned a spot on said WALL OF SHAME, but family does trump FABAC, even though FABAC has become an extended family to us all.

All in all it was a lovely time and I only wish I had thought to take a photo of Bob’s British car part.

Johanna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come I got blamed for everything? YOU guys started it!
Bob E.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Johanna for organizing our first run of the year.
Barb & Dwight