Trip to Schubie

Did a 'dry run' of our trip to AMP on Aug 22nd this past weekend combining it with a visit to friend's place in 'The Valley'.
Here's the deal. A trip via back roads.....basically partially the route taken back in the '60's when I was racing will get us to Truro at about 3:00 pm after an 8:45 am start at The Exhibition Tim's a 'p' stop at the Salisbury Big Stop and lunch at The Aulac Big Stop. We take the Sunrise Trail at Amherst to Pugwash and through the Wentworth valley to Truro.
If the group decides if would like to stay on the TCH (Which I feel it won't, the trip will be about and hour shorter) The group can decide at a briefing before the start.

I will prepare a briefing paper for all participants with time and distance and route numbers to be given at the start.

By the way.....glad I made the trip as the track had moved......Not really! But the TCH in the Shubenacadie area was relocated from its 1970 alignment and the dry run saved some embarrassing searching for the tour leader during the tour.

Again, I would like to to have those attending to advise me either on the web comments or by email. my email:   herb.walsh@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just an item I failed to mention. We took a look at The Rainbow Motel and while not the Hilton, rooms are clean and fine for an overnight stay. Driving time from the motel to AMP approx 30 min

Herb W