FABAC Virtual Breakfast Meeting (without the breakfast)

In looking for an appropriate platform for our group to do video conferencing, I weighed the pros and cons of several applications. Zoom and Meet Now were the two best ones for us, for ease of use and price (free). The two main criticisms I had with Zoom have been fixed, and at the urging of others who have experienced Zoom, I have decided to give it a try for Tuesday's get-together.

Over the weekend, you will receive an email from Phil (our great organizer of breakfasts) inviting you to join us at 9:30 on Tuesday. It will contain a link which you should click on at the appointed time, and you will be asked to download Zoom (a quick and easy process) allowing you to join the group.

In order to give you a chance to try Zoom, you might like to join me at 10:00am on Sunday morning or 10:00am Monday. If you would like to try this out, email me (theoldfiddler@gmail.com) and I shall send you a link. I can't post the link online for security reasons.

Email or phone me if you have any difficulties. 363-2814

Cheers
David

P.S.  You can test your audio and video easily by going to https://zoom.us/test. It's easy to sign into and of course free.

No comments: