Thank you

Great Cycle Challenge 2020 – Thank You

Thank you sponsors, for your generosity. Thank you for your well wishes, your cheers and waves as I cycled, and for the encouraging words. I set a big goal – to cycle 800 kms in August and to raise $3000 for the Sick Children’s Hospital. With your help, Team Isaac achieved its goal – 816 kms and $3190. 
     Most of all, I thank Aaron Jewett who agreed to my request to “ride for Isaac”, his eight- year old son who is my super hero – inspiring me to get out and cycle to raise money for research into childhood cancers, to develop more effective and less invasive treatments. I do not have to get up and cycle every day for the next two years, but Isaac has another two years of chemo and lumbar punctures, blood work, and the occasional MRI. I wish him well and a full cure.
       A huge thank you goes to my children Geoff and Catharine, for encouraging me and coaching me in my cycling, and to Bruce who was so supportive of my taking the time to cycle almost every day, leaving him to work single-handed (and without supervision ) on our many restoration projects.     
       I met many wonderful people as I cycled the roads of New Brunswick. My favourite encounter occurred on Friday when I stopped in at Harvey’s Potato. A young boy asked me how far I had cycled? “Seventy kms,” I said.             
       “This summer,” he asked?      
      “No, this morning.” He thought for a moment, and then with a smile asked, “But can you do a wheelie?” When I said, “No,” he grinned and all was right with his world. He did offer to teach me, but I declined his offer.      

       With Aaron’s permission and Isaac’s consent, I intend to ride for Team Isaac again in 2021, to continue to support the work of the Sick Children’s Hospital.  
Thank you,
Johanna and Isaac

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Johanna !!
Fantastic dedication and commitment for a worthy cause. Isaac and all the other children are worth it.
We know your heart is in this project and we will all be here to support you again next year, GOD willing.

Terry & Karen

Unknown said...

Thank you Terry and Karen. Isaac was super pumped about the amount we raised. One proud young man 🦸‍♂️. Johanna