Saturday afternoon project - Ramps

If you have ever tried to work under a car with 4" clearance, then you appreciate things like pits, hoists, jacks, axle stands, etc. Although I have a pair of standard metal ramps that are fine if you just want to get under the front, but I thought how nice it would be if a person had four wooden ramps that could be placed ahead of the wheels and drive up on them for a nice 10" clearance. A little thinking, and a look at my considerable pile of rough-cut 2 by 8s and a plan emerged. Then I thought I should check the Internet for better ideas--didn't find a better idea but found an identical plan--nothing new under the sun. A little measuring, a little sawing and a little nailing and voila! (Yes, each of those pieces was cut at a 45ยบ angle--an improvement over the plans I saw on the Internet.)

Did an oil change immediately after competing the project and was thoroughly satisfied. Decided to do a little washing as well and was happy to not have to bend over for every part of the job. Ah, the little pleasures in life. :-)

No comments: