COVID-19 and FABAC

Before heading south, Gary asked me to look after the upcoming meeting. I agreed. I have emailed him suggesting we cancel meetings until the virus has run its course.  I haven’t heard back, so I am exercising executive privilege.

In light of all that is happening in the world re the pandemic, it would be irresponsible for our members to gather for meetings/eatings. Our membership is aging and “social distancing” is all but impossible at restaurants. The health communities have made it clear that every individual has to look for ways to help ‘flatten’ the inevitable growth of the outbreak so as to not overwhelm our hospitals and their resources.

Therefore, I thank Bob E. for making the meeting arrangements, but now request that he cancel the reservation for Wednesday.

Keep safe out there and we’ll see you on the road or after the virus has run its course.

- David N.

No comments: