FABAC breakfasts

These are uncertain times and I’m sure that the rapidly developing COVID-19 situation is at the top of your mind.  Schools and universities have either closed or suspended in-person classes, sporting events and meetings, church services and many other events or gatherings have been cancelled or re-scheduled.
The most vulnerable demographic who might catch COVID-19 are seniors and a majority of FABACians fall into this group.  Based on what is happening and still evolving, I think it would be irresponsible for us to meet for breakfast on Tuesday, March 17th.  I’ll just have to have my green pancakes at home on the 17th.  J
So in light of what’s happening here and around the world, the FABAC Breakfast is cancelled until further notice.  May you and yours stay healthy!

- Phil


7 comments:

Johanna Bertin said...

A good decision. Johanna

Anonymous said...

I'll be there for breakfast and will welcome the company of anyone who wants to join me.
Bob E.

Anonymous said...

Besides, it's my birthday. I've been looking forward to a delicious Greek omelet for weeks.
Bob E.

David Nielsen said...

Your invitation is quite the opposite of what we are trying to achieve, Bob, but I sincerely do wish you a very happy birthday. Our suggestions for not gathering were to work towards your, and our, having many more birthdays.

Anonymous said...

smart move to cancel breakfast for the short term so that more may enjoy them in the long term. Happy B day Bob E but be smart and do a take out, skip the dishes or whip up your own breakfast this round we will get you next year.

Anonymous said...

Kelvin here, I will join you tomorrow for your birthday breakfast. The chances of catching or passing on the virus at breakfast is so minimal compared with joining the 200 people in the queue to buy the food to cook breakfast at home. I am definitely in that seniors group but at this moment in time I am not going to be scared into not living my life as I want to. As things worsen my opinions will change but for now, see you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I understand the Swedish Bikini team will be there, joined by the Victoria Secrets Angels.
Bob E.
...with a huge grin :-)